Perth Sunset & Nightscape – Capturing it's Beauty By Night
This early evening photography workshop will take you into the lively atmosphere of Perth, its beauty and surrounds, where you’ll learn how to best use your camera to bring it to life.
Lead by our Nikon School Lecturer, Des Birt, you’ll visit the postcard-worthy areas of this beautiful city where you’ll learn how to optimise your camera settings, utilise your wide-angle lens, and develop your compositional eye to capture the cityscape’s richness of colour, contrast, and motion.
This workshop will introduce you to techniques such as harnessing ‘available light’, achieving longer exposure, and maximising your camera’s flash – all of which are necessary in order to create crisp, panoramic images under a setting sun or night sky.
Whether you work with a DSLR or mirrorless camera, this is the ultimate excursion into the specialised world of night-time cityscape photography.
Skill Level: Entry to Intermediate level
Images by Des Birt
• Night Photography
• Camera and Lens Configurations
• Advanced Exposure
• Natural Light Photography
• Low Light Photography
• Flash Photography
• Creative Composition
• Creative Techniques
What to bring
• DSLR or mirrorless camera
• Fully charged camera battery
• Your DSLR or mirrorless Instruction Manual
• Memory card(s)
• Lenses: longer (200mm / 300mm or above), wide-angle (wide FX 14mm, wide DX 10mm), prime (FX Prime 50mm f/1.8 or above, DX Prime 35mm f/1.8 or above).
• Comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing for the evening session
• Cable release (optional)
• Tripod required
Note: If your Nikon camera is SnapBridge compatible, please bring along your mobile device with the SnapBridge application already installed.
For more course information or enquiries phone:
1300 851 435 (Mon-Fri 9-5 PM AEDT)