Skill Level: Intermediate to advanced photographers - you will already be confident with your equipment and have a strong grasp of applying photography fundamentals.
Nikon School has teamed up with Werribee’s one-of-a-kind Open Range Zoo to give budding photographers the ultimate safari experience without the need to travel abroad.
Bring along your DSLR or mirrorless camera and your longer lenses, jump on board an exclusive safari off-road vehicle, and let us take you through an expertly created wildlife savannah for an exciting and informative 4.5-hour photographic adventure.
Join Nikon School Lecturer Cormac Hanrahan, who will ensure you hone the photographic and creative techniques required for a zoo setting – teaching you how to use your chosen camera and lenses to work with a sprawling natural habitat full of iconic animals, including rhinos, giraffes, antelopes, and zebras.
In other words, you’ll walk away with new, enviable skills in the field of wildlife photography.
• Light – discuss different types of light commonly encountered when photographing animals outdoors and how to deal with difficult conditions
• Composition - learn how to assess the shooting environment for the best angles and composition to make the most of what you’ve got in front of you
• Focussing – different focussing modes and techniques for different scenarios
• Flash – how you can utilise flash to create better images
• Metering – making the most of your metering for great exposures
• Settings – a look at three different set-ups for real world situations
What to bring:
Note: If your Nikon camera is SnapBridge compatible, please bring along your mobile device with the SnapBridge application already installed.
If you are interested in purchasing a gift voucher for any of the other Nikon School courses, please click here.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
For more course information or enquiries phone:
1300 851 435 (Mon-Fri 9-5 PM AEDT)