Skill Level: Entry level
This hands-on, 4-hour photography workshop, set in the unique sanctuary that is Melbourne Zoo, will introduce you to the specialist skill of photographing animals from all walks of wildlife.
Come on a photographic journey through Melbourne Zoo with Nikon, and Zoos Victoria photographer, Cormac Hanrahan. Designed for animal-loving beginner photographers, this course teaches the fundamentals of photography and how to apply them to capture great animal photos.
Our aim is that you’ll gain the necessary skills to take memorable images of all manner of species – skills that’ll also be of benefit in a range of other photographic disciplines.
What you will learn:
• The fundamentals of photography – aperture, shutter speed, and ISO – and how they combine to determine exposure. Learn how to utilise these fundamentals to create fantastic animal images.
• Focussing - learn how to focus where and when you want, and which focus settings to use in different animal related scenarios.
• Light - learn about different types of light commonly encountered when photographing animals outdoors and how to deal with difficult conditions.
• Composition - learn how to assess the shooting environment for the best angles and composition.
• Modes – learn about the camera’s different modes and when to apply them to various animal photographing scenarios.
What to bring:
Note: If your Nikon camera is SnapBridge compatible, please bring along your mobile device with the SnapBridge application already installed.
If you are interested in purchasing a gift voucher for any of the other Nikon School courses, please click here.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
For more course information or enquiries phone:
1300 851 435 (Mon-Fri 9-5 PM AEDT)